Understand Hearing And Speech Of Children Better
About The Course
This educational webinar is hosted on Edupro Online (www.edupro-online.com) and is acredited by the Health Professions Council of South Africa as well as the South African Institute for Kinderkinetics.
Now teachers and parents can watch this webinar on Kwanda Academy and earn a certificate of completion after submitting an online questionnaire.
Topics Within Webinar
The guest speaker for our educational talk is Estelle Novella, an expert in this field. The talk covers the following topics:
• What exactly is hearing and what does it entail?
• What does it mean to be hearing impaired?
• What can cause hearing difficulties in children?
• What are the signs and symptoms indicating a possible hearing difficulty in children?
• Who is the best professional to see a child when you suspect that the auditory 'structure' has been affected?
• Who is the best professional to see a child when you suspect a hearing difficulty?
• What is auditory processing?
• What is auditory perceptual skills?
• What is the difference between auditory processing and auditory perceptual skills?
• Who is the best professional to see a child when you suspect auditory processing or auditory perceptual difficulties?
• What can affect a child's speech and/or language development?
• What are the factors that can cause a speech delay?
• What is the link between picky eating and speech delays?
• Who is the best professional to see a child when you suspect speech or language delays?
Estelle Novella And Marené Jooste
Estelle Novella, is a qualified Speech Therapist and Audiologist from HearSa. She completed her B.Communication Pathology degree at the University of Pretoria in 1995. Estelle has a special interested in Auditory Processing and Tinnitus management.
Marené Jooste is a Kinderkineticist with a Masters Degree in the neuro-sensory-motor development of children. She has been in private practice for almost 20 years and has a special interest in neuro-diverse children with neuro-motor difficulties including but not limited to autism, ADHD and DCD. She is the founder and owner of Kwanda Kinetics Child Development And Therapy Centre.
Frequently Asked Questions
Is this webinar accredited?
Yes, this course is accredited with SAPIK as well as with the HPCSA via Edupro Online.
How long do I have access to the webinar?
This educational webinar is completely self-paced and you can view all content related to this webinar whenever you choose. Thus, you have LIFELONG access for as long as the company exists.
Do I get a certificate?
Absolutely, yes! Just follow the prompts inside this webinar. Enjoy being rewarded for learning something new and valuable that will help you change a child's life!
Can I receive CPD points / units for this webinar?
Yes, if you are a pediatric professional, you can receive CPD points units if you are registered with either the HPCSA or SAPIK. However, in order to qualify for professional CPD points, you will need to take this course on the Edupro platform. Click on www.edupro-online.com to be taken to this site. Please take note that you will NOT be able to claim CPD points if you watch this webinar on Kwanda Academy.