Understand Posture Development In Children Better
About The Course
This educational webinar is hosted on Edupro Online (www.edupro-online.com) and is acredited by the Health Professions Council of South Africa as well as the South African Institute for Kinderkinetics.
Now teachers and parents can watch this webinar on Kwanda Academy and earn a certificate of completion after submitting an online questionnaire.
Topics Within Webinar
This talk covers the following topics:
• What exactly is posture?
• What does normal postural development look like from 0 - 6 years of age?
• What is the correct postural development necessary for rolling?
• What is the correct postural development necessary for sitting?
• What is the correct postural development necessary for crawling?
• What is the correct postural development necessary for walking?
• Flat feet - timeline of flat feet as well as signs and symptoms that indicate referral
• Toe walking - what is normal and when do you need to refer?
• Pigeon toes - signs and symptoms that indicate referral
• High arches - what is normal and when do you need to refer?
• Bowed legs and knock-knees - timeline of development as well as signs and symptoms that indicate referral
• Scoliosis, kyphosis and lordosis in young children
• Juvenile rheumatoid arthritis in young children - signs and symptoms to be aware off
• Hip dysplasia - what it is and when do you need to refer?
• Torticollis - what it is and what to do about it
Carolyn Humphries And Marené Jooste
Carolyn Humphries is a qualified physiotherapist registered with the HPCSA and is the founder of Carolyn Humphries and Associates. Her physiotherapy practice specializes in the care of babies and children using a neurodevelopmental therapy (NDT) approach to treatment. She is also a guest lecturer at the University of Johannesburg from time to time.
Marené Jooste is a Kinderkineticist with a Masters Degree in the neuro-sensory-motor development of children. She has been in private practice for almost 20 years and has a special interest in neuro-diverse children with neuro-motor difficulties including but not limited to autism, ADHD and DCD. She is the owner and founder of Kwanda Kinetics Child Development And Therapy Centre.
Frequently Asked Questions
Is this webinar accredited?
Yes, this course is accredited with SAPIK as well as with the HPCSA via Edupro Online.
How long do I have access to the webinar?
This educational webinar is completely self-paced and you can view all content related to this webinar whenever you choose. Thus, you have LIFELONG access for as long as the company exists.
Do I get a certificate?
Absolutely, yes! Just follow the prompts inside this webinar. Enjoy being rewarded for learning something new and valuable that will help you change a child's life!
Can I receive CPD points / units for this webinar?
Yes, if you are a pediatric professional, you can receive CPD points units if you are registered with either the HPCSA or SAPIK. However, in order to qualify for professional CPD points, you will need to take this course on the Edupro platform. Click on www.edupro-online.com to be taken to this site. Please take note that you will NOT be able to claim CPD points if you watch this webinar on Kwanda Academy.