Understand Stress And Anxiety In Children Better
About The Course
This educational webinar is hosted on Edupro Online (www.edupro-online.com) and is acredited by the Health Professions Council of South Africa as well as the South African Institute for Kinderkinetics.
Now teachers and parents can watch this webinar on Kwanda Academy and earn a certificate of completion after submitting an online questionnaire.
Topics Within Webinar
The guest speaker for this talk is Minke Saayman, an expert in this field. The talk covers the following topics:
• What exactly is stress?
• What is anxiety?
• What is the difference between stress and anxiety?
• What can trigger stress or anxiety in a child?
• What does statistics say about stress and anxiety in children?
• What are the signs and symptoms related to stress in a child?
• What are the signs and symptoms related to anxiety in a child?
• How can stress and anxiety interfere with a child's development on a physical and educational level?
• Separation anxiety - what can I do about it?
• Emotional props - when does a child need them?
• How can you support a child correctly when taking these props away?
• When do you need to refer a child?
• Who can you refer a child to?
Minke Saayman And Marené Jooste
Minke Saayman has completed her Master’s Degree (Cum Laude) in Clinical Social Work at the University of Johannesburg. She has a practice called Minke Saayman Child And Family Centre, and regularly presents various workshops to health care professionals, teachers and parents.
Marené Jooste is a Kinderkineticist with a Masters Degree in the neuro-sensory-motor development of children. She has been in private practice for almost 20 years and has a special interest in neuro-diverse children with neuro-motor difficulties including but not limited to autism, ADHD and DCD. She is the owner and founder of Kwanda Kinetics Child Development And Therapy Centre.
Frequently Asked Questions
Is this webinar accredited?
Yes, this course is accredited with SAPIK as well as with the HPCSA via Edupro Online.
How long do I have access to the webinar?
This educational webinar is completely self-paced and you can view all content related to this webinar whenever you choose. Thus, you have LIFELONG access for as long as the company exists.
Do I get a certificate?
Absolutely, yes! Just follow the prompts inside this webinar. Enjoy being rewarded for learning something new and valuable that will help you change a child's life!
Can I receive CPD points / units for this webinar?
Yes, if you are a pediatric professional, you can receive CPD points units if you are registered with either the HPCSA or SAPIK. However, in order to qualify for professional CPD points, you will need to take this course on the Edupro platform. Click on www.edupro-online.com to be taken to this site. Please take note that you will NOT be able to claim CPD points if you watch this webinar on Kwanda Academy.