Understand The Impact Of Screen Time Better
About The Course
This educational webinar is hosted on Edupro Online (www.edupro-online.com) and is acredited by the Health Professions Council of South Africa as well as the South African Institute for Kinderkinetics.
Now teachers and parents can watch this webinar on Kwanda Academy and earn a certificate of completion after submitting an online questionnaire.
Topics Within Webinar
This educational webinar covers the following topics:
• The definition of screen time
• Screen time guidelines according to various international bodies
• Aspects that indicate that a child may be addicted to screen time
• Digital cocaine
• Screen time, language and speech development of a child
• Screen time and sensory processing
• Screen time and executive functioning
• Screen time and the brain
• Screen time and social skills
• Screen time, motor skills and obesity
• Screen time, stress and anxiety
• The effect of blue light on sleep hygiene
• The link between virtual autism and screen time
• Digital dementia
• Interventions and strategies to help families manage screen time
Doné van Wyk and Marené Jooste
Doné van Wyk, the founder of Real Brilliance, is a qualified Neuro Science Brain-Based Coach and a member of the ICF and Comensa. She has more than 20 years of experience and have addressed many international and local audiences.
Marené Jooste is a Kinderkineticist with a Masters Degree in the neuro-sensory-motor development of children. She has been in private practice for almost 20 years and has a special interest in neuro-diverse children with neuro-motor difficulties including but not limited to autism, ADHD and DCD. She is the founder and owner of Kwanda Kinetics Child Development And Therapy Centre.
Frequently Asked Questions
Is this webinar accredited?
Yes, this course is accredited with SAPIK as well as with the HPCSA via Edupro Online.
How long do I have access to the webinar?
This educational webinar is completely self-paced and you can view all content related to this webinar whenever you choose. Thus, you have LIFELONG access for as long as the company exists.
Do I get a certificate?
Absolutely, yes! Just follow the prompts inside this webinar. Enjoy being rewarded for learning something new and valuable that will help you change a child's life!
Can I receive CPD points / units for this webinar?
Yes, if you are a pediatric professional, you can receive CPD points units if you are registered with either the HPCSA or SAPIK. However, in order to qualify for professional CPD points, you will need to take this course on the Edupro platform. Click on www.edupro-online.com to be taken to this site. Please take note that you will NOT be able to claim CPD points if you watch this webinar on Kwanda Academy.